Our first day of school is this Monday, August 26th! We can’t wait!
First, thank you so much for taking the time to come to open house and check out our classroom! I know that you were given a lot of information in your child’s blue folder and the yellow envelope that came home with you. The yellow envelope contains many school forms that need your attention. Please read through these forms, complete them, and return them with your child THIS WEEK. Thank you to those who donated extra supply items, too. ❤️ First grade is definitely a busy place, and it is amazing to have these supplies on hand to begin our year!!
Here are a few reminders for things to bring on Monday:
- Send your child’s “ME Bag” with 2 items in it to help us get to know a little something about them. Be sure to write their name on the bag.
- Send a note for end of the day plans IF they are different than what you stated on your parent survey or in the confirmation page you checked at open house.
- Gym shoes and an extra set of clothes (if you haven’t brought them in yet).
- A lunch from home OR make sure your child knows what hot lunch choice they will be having. There are 2 hot lunch choices each day (blue or white). Here is the link to the August/September menu for lunch options. If needed, check out the Hudsonville Food Service website for information about payment and setting up a hot lunch account.
- 2 healthy snacks for your first grader. We will have a morning snack time and an afternoon snack time every day.
- Any completed paperwork that you have from the Open House packets. Please put this in your child’s blue folder. I will be sure to deliver the papers to the correct places!
- Monday, August 26-ME Bags, STEAM, First Day of School!
- Tuesday, August 27-MUSIC
- Wednesday, August 28-PE (make sure your child has gym shoes at school by this day!)
- Thursday, August 29-ART
- Friday, August 30-NO SCHOOL
- Monday, September 2-NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, September 3-STEAM
- Wednesday, September 4-MUSIC
- Thursday, September 5-PE
- Friday, September 6-ART
As always, be sure to email me if you have ANY questions. Thanks again for sharing your amazing child with me this year!
See you soon,