Just for Parents:
- Here is the volunteer schedule for this week: Volunteers! Feel free to add your name to an open slot!
- Quote of the Week – The quote that we focused on and tried to live out this week was, “If you can’t think of anything nice to say, you’re not thinking hard enough.” This week’s quote went to SIDNEY who is always encouraging other people and only speaks sweetly to the friends in our class!
- First Grade Family Time – This week we celebrated awards for lost teeth, shoe-tying, and birthdays. Here are our “award-winning” first graders from this week!
- Writing – On Monday we got to celebrate all of the hard work that students have been putting into their small moment stories! We had a ceremony to put these published stories into our classroom’s library. Students are now learning how to write How-To stories!
- Word Study – We started the week by practicing our handwriting. Then the Super Secret Detective Agency called our classroom and asked us to start investigating the case of the silent e! We are studying words such as bake, cape, made, and have.
- Reading – Our detective skills transfer over to reading, where we practiced stopping when there is a problem and really looking closely at tricky words!
- Math – This week was a little more challenging in math as we practiced subtraction. Students are learning how to draw pictures and cross out part of the picture when solving “take-away” problems. We got to practice our subtraction skills with our fourth-grade buddies on Friday!
- Social/Emotional – This week our kiddos learned about growth vs. fixed mindset. It was AWESOME to hear students practice sentences such as, “I am going to keep trying!” or “Mistakes are okay!” instead of “This is too hard so I give up.”
- Mystery Reader – We had a very special mystery reader this week…Mrs. Raisch! Students loved meeting her and were amazed when she showed them pictures of Miss Raisch when she was little, and even shared Miss Raisch’s 1st grade writing!
- Monday, October 21 – STEAM
- Tuesday, October 22 – Music
- Wednesday, October 23 – PE
- Thursday, October 24 – Art
- Friday, October 25 – Library, STEAM