Just For Parents:
- Please look for an email coming from Miss Raisch tomorrow about our Valentine’s party and how to volunteer if you are interested!
- The annual P.E. apparel sale is happening right now and runs through January 29th. If you are interested in purchasing something, here is the link: P.E. Clothing
- Here is the volunteer schedule for the upcoming week: Volunteers! Feel free to add your name to an open slot.
- Quote of the Week – The quote that we focused on and tried to live out this week was, “Be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud.” This week’s quote went to HARPER who is constantly smiling and sharing her joy with others.
- First Grade Family Time – This week we celebrated awards for lost teeth, shoe-tying, and birthdays. Here are our “award-winning” first graders from this week!
- Writing – Students had fun learning to agree or disagree with someone else in their writing and giving reviews for their least favorite objects in a collection. On Friday each student received a blue ribbon for their best piece of writing from the last two weeks!
- Word Study – We had a lot of practice spelling and reading snap words, especially using our classroom word wall. Our new words that you can practice at home are could, should, would, from, mother.
- Math – Students are doing a great job practicing teen addition using pictures, their fingers, and other new strategies!
- Reading – Our class is studying how characters change in books and how the authors/illustrators show what is on the inside and outside of characters.
- Monday, January 20 – Aria’s 1/2 birthday, P.E.
- Tuesday, January 21 – Art
- Wednesday, January 22 – STEAM, STAR Testing on Computers
- Thursday, January 23 – Music, STAR Testing on Computers
- Friday, January 24 – P.E., Library